- You must not open, edit or otherwise modify the font ("converting to paths" and editing in a program such as Illustrator is permitted – just as long as a result is not converted back into font software for redistribution. Use of "converted to paths" type outlines for logos, headlines, etc., is permitted).
- You cannot redistribute the font.
- Editing and/or renaming the font is not permitted – this does not constitute creating an original font and does not negate the terms of the original license. The device can provide custom font design, adaption, and related licensing for all your needs.
- Using elements of the font as a basis for a new font is not permitted.
- Suppose you wish the font to be used as part of a campaign or style bible and need other agencies or individuals to use the same font. In that case, they will need to purchase the relevant licenses themselves from an authorized Device reseller. The correct way to do this is to list the URL of the reseller or Device (www.ardyanatypes.com) in your material. A list of current resellers is available in the 'Device Fonts Information' file.
- Respect copyright – the legal consequences of using unlicensed or adapted fonts can be costly and result in the enforced removal of all offending copies. Poorly adapted fonts are often found to have a range of technical severe and design errors, the most common being missing kerning (contextual inter letter spacing), missing characters, poor spacing, incorrect point construction (leading to printing problems and distorted character shapes), font ID clashes and missing counters due to wrong path directions. Be legal, be safe.
It is an agreement between you, the purchaser and licensee, and Ardyanatypes Design Studio. By purchasing and installing or handling digital typography software (starting now referred to as fonts), you accept the terms of this agreement. If you do not accept the terms, you may not download or request or use any Ardyanatypes Design Studio fonts. You are granted one (1) license to use the font software on a specified number of devices within your organization. You do not receive the copyright to the design or any other part of the font but the right to use the font as specified in this agreement.
"Within your organization" means use within your company or organization and may not include clients' or third parties use. This license allows you to use the font on any number of computers in your organization.
You can make archive copies of fonts for your purposes, counting the number of devices you have licensed for the fonts. You may not distribute fonts to people outside your organization. You must not change the font in any case. It would help if you did not assign a third party to modify the font. You may not distribute, lend, rent, sell, give away, or share modified or unmodified versions of the font publicly or privately. If you're having trouble with our fonts, we'll look into the issue and hope to send you a fixed version as soon as possible. Any violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement terminates your license to use the font. Upon termination of the agreement, you must destroy any copies of the fonts, including your archival copies.
Any rights reserved by Ardyanatypes Design Studio.